Monday, March 10, 2014

Orange Lip Trends - Spring/Summer 2014

Orange Lip Trends - Spring/Summer 2014

Orange Lip Trends - Spring/Summer 2014

Are you open to going with a bold orange lip for your ceremony?  Is orange part of your wedding scheme but you don't know if you will be comfortable with such a bold color on your wedding day?

Well, hopefully, I can help.  I spent the day at the beauty counters and found a few choices to consider, so regardless if you want a gloss, matte or super shine, there is something for everyone and every skin tone in this season's hottest lip color.  

I will tell anyone, when it comes to lip pencils, I'm a Nars junkie.  They have what would be consider an orange-red color called Timanfaya. It starts off as a soft satin, but turns into more of a matte finish as it sets.   Clinique Chubby Stick  in Oversized Orange is very pretty and takes several layers to build up to a bold orange, I call it a "nude-orange".  It helps that the Clinique products are created with shea butter, so this will provide much needed moisture for your lips. 

If lip gloss is your personal choice, the Bobbi Brown Lip Gloss in Citrus is sheer sheer sheer.  I suggest that you find a lip color you like and layer this on top for an extra hint of orange, that is unless, sheer is the way you want to go.  TopShop has also entered the orange game with their Lip Cream in Pout.  High gloss is the only way to describe this.  Maybe I just love tangerines, but I got excited over just the name of Jane Iredale Lip gloss in Tangerine.

I was floored at the number of actual lipstick options in orange, and finally had to give up because again, I think you can find something that compliments any skin tone and no one ever finds the perfect lipstick on the first time out, so be prepared for many options.  For example, MAC had four different orange options available.   I found their Morange lipstick, creamy color and BRIGHT.  If you aren't afraid to go bright, this is surely an option to consider.  Dior Rouge Lipstick (543) Vous is another rich creamy lip option.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment